About PBS


Building History

Our name, Powerhouse Bagel Sandwiches (PBS), is a nod to the building in which we were born. Around 1890, the building was constructed for the West End Electric Line which ran the electric trolleys to bring Denver residents to the west end to enjoy (the original) Elitch Gardens.

In 1903, when the West Line was absorbed into the Denver Tramway System, the building eventually became a space where the community could gather for events. We are proud to return the space back to that. Read more of the building's history here.